Dynamo required

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
freddie 136

Dynamo required

Post by freddie 136 »

quote:
Chaps, if you can stop a dynamo on a twin "p====g" oil out, you are a "better man than I am, Gungha Dinn!!

up's.Edited by - freddie 136 on 18 Jun 2010 7:13:54 PM
freddie 136

Dynamo required

Post by freddie 136 »

quote:
quote:
H, mine had the same trouble so i used a 5mm stainless bolt and carefully screwed it into the end plate if yours is not to far gone maybee you could try the same, the 5mm bolt goes through the timing cover but i dont know if a 6mm would, if it works for you round off the bolt head and put a slot into it for a screw driver,Full over haul of the dynamo at FTW sheffield is approx £140, cheers fred.

I dunno about just screwing it in, but I have tapped stripped 2BA holes on Amal carbs to 5mm...

Yes it goes through easy as long as your not to ham fisted,due to the meatal the end plate is made from,Fred
Flash

Dynamo required

Post by Flash »

Thanks for the interesting comments lads. One thing I did try while out on my last tour was, taking out the 2BA screw putting an 'o' ring on the dynamo insted of the cork gasket & slipping a very small 'o' ring on the 2BA screw, this did help slightly but after 350 miles there was still a trace but not half as bad.
paul knapp

Dynamo required

Post by paul knapp »

Flash, if you only have "a trace", believe me, you are infront.
___“As a hobby for the technically minded, motorcycling provides great scope.”

J.B.Nicholson

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

wilko

Dynamo required

Post by wilko »

I have a "trace" all over my twin, but i've resigned myself to it?

Dynamo required

Post by 1608 »

Must be doing something right then, I've just got a thick paper gasket btn dynamo and timing case and no leaks.I found that with a cork gasket the two gears did not mesh fully.Edited by - 1608 on 19 Jun 2010 7:06:04 PM