LJY 574 1956 AJS 16ms

Where is that old bike?
cathy chick

LJY 574 1956 AJS 16ms

Post by cathy chick »

I am the present owner of the above bike, Some 18 months ago ,a Jim (Fernley ) Carey posted a request as to "Where it is Now" I have responded to his question several times by email,but to no avail. I didn't see his request till recently as I re-joined the o/c a few weeks ago. I have owned this bike for about 28 years.
If anyone knows Jim, (from Plymouth),could you please put me in touch with him if possible.

Thanks,

Cathy

Biscuit
Deceased

LJY 574 1956 AJS 16ms

Post by Biscuit »

This has happened several times to friends of mine, these characters seem to lose interest very quickly.

marwood

LJY 574 1956 AJS 16ms

Post by marwood »

quote:
I am the present owner of the above bike, Some 18 months ago ,a Jim (Fernley ) Carey posted a request as to "Where it is Now" I have responded to his question several times by email,but to no avail. I didn't see his request till recently as I re-joined the o/c a few weeks ago. I have owned this bike for about 28 years.
If anyone knows Jim, (from Plymouth),could you please put me in touch with him if possible.

Thanks,

Cathy

MAWoodward
marwood

LJY 574 1956 AJS 16ms

Post by marwood »

Hi Cathy (or anyone that knows you)

Jim is my Father-in-Law, he has often spoken to me about tracking down LJY574 for many years now, and the fact that he paid £211 for the brand new bike as the first owner in 1956. He was completely over the moon when I told him that I had found your message from two years ago. He is very sentimental about the bike, and has a lovely romantic story to tell you about it. I have spoken to him this morning and he would dearly love to hear from you,(or whoever owns the bike now or has done in the past). He has given me permission to disclose his details which are his e-mail address is roadraker@yahoo.co.uk and his mobile is 07739709093. Please would you contact him as it would make his year/decade - Best Regards Mark

Thanks,

Cathy

[/quote]
MAWoodward
Plymboy

Re: LJY 574 1956 AJS 16ms

Post by Plymboy »

Hi Carhy, i believe you are the present owner of AJS LJY574, i did see your posting on the board that you had been trying to contact me; my son in law did put my telephone number on the board, but no call.
I am the first owner of LJY 574 and purchased it from Pike's of Plymouth in 1956 for about £250, it was my pride and joy, i drove it to Bamff Scotland as i had a short job to do there, and met my wife who past away four years ago, and we drove off on it into the night and eloped to get married after knowing each for only five weeks, and we were married for fifty four years, so you see, AJS LJY 574 has a special place in my life. When my wife became pregnant i sold it and purchased a Gold Flash NCO 540 to which i attached a side car.
I do hope that you either see this massage or someone that knows you can pass this message on to you.
Pleasant driving.
Jim.
Ozmadman

Re: LJY 574 1956 AJS 16ms

Post by Ozmadman »

Great story, a nice ending would be for you to see the bike again wouldn't it??
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed