Seat and exhausts

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
atreyu

Seat and exhausts

Post by atreyu »

The bike I've just bought is fitted with the wrong seat and a bodged exhaust.

Can someone tell me where to get the parts from for a 53/54 G9.

www.feked.com does both items (and you can order online which I prefer) but I'm not sure on the quality?
David
stevie

Seat and exhausts

Post by stevie »

I think my G3LS has a feked seat. I think its fine.
Their exhausts look ok, no nasty seams apparent, have a look at Armours in Bournemouth for a comparison though
Cheers
Steve
If a man speaks in the forest and his wife is not there to hear him is he still wrong?
atreyu

Seat and exhausts

Post by atreyu »

Thanks Steve, Ive only ever bought some universal silencers from them before (when they first started trading)

The seat on my bike just seems to look too big. Ill have to get a few pictures up before I order a new one.
David
Eric

Seat and exhausts

Post by Eric »

Why not have a look in the new part of this forum that has been specifically created for recommended suppliers of the sort of things you are asking about?

I just had a peep there's something there for seats. Now it just needs someone to add details for recommended suppliers of exhausts, the problem maybe that many experience problems with them almost anywhere they try because of the nature of the beast. Just to help click here for the link.Edited by - Eric on 21 Nov 2009 10:31:38 AM
jonhal

Seat and exhausts

Post by jonhal »

I have bought silencers from Feked a few times, including the Matchless type. Always high quality so no worries there. The Matchless silencer was noisy but I think I am right in saying there should be a baffle plate in your exhaust pipe?
itma

Seat and exhausts

Post by itma »

his seat is definately Feked.
funny, there's another one just like it on ebay.
atreyu

Seat and exhausts

Post by atreyu »

quote:
I have bought silencers from Feked a few times, including the Matchless type. Always high quality so no worries there. The Matchless silencer was noisy but I think I am right in saying there should be a baffle plate in your exhaust pipe?

Yes thats correct theres a baffle plate inside the current silencer. Ill get some of the matchless mega style from feked then when the engines back in, Have to pay for the gearbox parts first!
David