Good Friday Trip

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Wolumla Peak

Good Friday Trip

Post by Wolumla Peak »

Bega Valley To Hillston central west NSW 9.5hrs travel time and 935k's the distance driving 1996 VS STATESMAN car never missed a beat.
Well on the way across from the coast where we live you could see the effect that the drought is having on the land every 100k's once we got over Brown Mountain which is only 80k's from home grass was browned off along the Monrao not much feed into Cooma a onto the Snowy Mountain Highway country side is very poor alot of trees are dead after the fire went through the National Park and dought they will regrow, Came into Tumut lot of people in town for festival onto Wagga Wagga drought worsens sheep dieing all around the place plenty of road kill wombat roo's foxs rabbits and fat crows after all they have a lot to pick from.
On to Naranderra 200k's straight road and no feed anywhere into Yanco little town 200 Residents onto Leeton where they grow Rice as to the irragation of the town another 165k's on into Griffith which is also irragated plenty Citrus Orchards & Winery's another 200k's into Hillston and nothing but bare dirt and the only thing that was green was Tumble Weed no good for anything, the only thing good about it is it stops the soil from blowing away well i am here for next three days so I will make the most of it an have a few ale's and wash the dust down my throat.

Cheers TO ALL HAVE NICE EASTEREdited by - Wolumla Peak on 25 Nov 2010 10:59:29 PM
A.E.Alexander