New Gov't motorcycle safety film

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Interesting 14 minutes film (takes a while to load)

http://www.public.tv/channel.php?group= ... -C6GO-YVU5
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
jonhal

Post by jonhal »

I did note towards the end He decided it was safe to overtake right on a SLOW sign in the road. May be safe but would only wind up the car driver.
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

The sill part of it all for me was the "DARK VISOR" he had.Surely this is not the thing to do ,especially as the ride went in and out of SUN LIGHY !!
r w webb
jonhal

Post by jonhal »

I had to do driving accesment for my job last year, the instructor had me doing all this hazard/observation stuff. Ok up to a point, but some of it was not using indicators in some circumstances ( as in this film ) and leaving enough gap behind a vehicle at a traffic light so you can drive around it if necessary. I could never do any of that, just plain rude and dangerous.
Don Madden

Post by Don Madden »

I find the title: "Read the Road" interesting. I ride our Southern California mountain & canyon roads all year & the conditions & hazards change over that time.

I like to ride fast & when canyon carving repeat my mantra in my mind while doing so: "Read the Road, Ride the Road". It aids me to choose the best line as well as discovering hazards.

Also, my motto is: "Brakes, Man! You don't want brakes! They slow you down!" Most appropriate for classic AMC riders.

Cheers, Don.
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Any thing our "wonderful" government says is best disregarded!!-We speak from l-o-n-g experience here in the U.K!!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

How true, like save for your retirement what a joke , no interest on the money,pay for any services given free in Scotland and to any stray dog that lands on our shore .Oh don't get me going.Just enjoy the riding before they either ban us or tax us off the b...dy road.Rant over back to the wine.
Chemists do it with test tubes
itma

Post by itma »

feeling verbose tonight me old cock?
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Just a bit
Chemists do it with test tubes
Mallet

Post by Mallet »

Well i'm still alive after over 20 years of riding & apart from one crash,relativley un-dented.
That one crash however was a bad one,i broke my arm in 5 places & injured my neck,fortunately not too seriously.However it was not caused by anyone nor was anyone else involved,it was just my misfortune to discover a diesel spill on a wet road leading up to a roundabout,at barely 15mph too! well i was braking & leaning for the roundabout,plus signalling with my right arm(the one that got broke).
I dont regard any so-called safety film from a government led by Bottler McBrown the unelected one.
I rely on 22 years of experience,common sense,instinct & the good old highway code.Edited by - brianboro88 on 19 Mar 2009 11:56:07 AM
Born Hampshire, Ride Hampshire!