Drive it Day

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
mikeydpippin

Drive it Day

Post by mikeydpippin »

I see in the Jampot mag theres gonna be a Drive it Day on Sunday 26th April,for all historic vehicles.
Anyone know what the weathers going to be lol
Just thinking April showers.
Will make a point of no DiY that day,and join in.
Mike
GSAX1

Drive it Day

Post by GSAX1 »

In April? It's going to snow .
fishsponge

Drive it Day

Post by fishsponge »

i just looked on the Met Office web site and unfortunately, they don't know what's going to happen on Sunday 26th April 2009 yet...

I've been trying to find historical weather records for 26 April for the last however-many years, but it doesn't seem to be available. The best I could find was a summary of the entire month of April over the last few years, which isn't all that useful!
><> fishsponge <><

Take a look at my 1966 Matchless G3! :-)
Groily

Drive it Day

Post by Groily »

Skin's waterproof isn't it? Keeps the wine in and the rain out quite well in my experience, and I'd be more worried about dehydration within than a bit of hydration without
Anyway, it's going to be a nice day, they all are - compared with the alternative!
Don't think we have a French drive-it day - but it's a v good idea methinks. Because my toys are mucky anyway from relentless daily abuse, a spot of weather couldn't make any difference!
fishsponge

Drive it Day

Post by fishsponge »

i always use the term "Skin's waterproof, isn't it?", but actually it's not... or else "moisturiser" wouldn't work... not that I know of course, being a male who certainly doesn't "moisturise"!

Also... given that we're supposedly 70% water anyway, why do we care when it rains??
><> fishsponge <><

Take a look at my 1966 Matchless G3! :-)
Groily

Drive it Day

Post by Groily »

Happen your right - does that mean the wine oozes out through the pores the same way the gunge oozes in? Saves the liver a job I suppose if it does - maybe one should drill a few extra drain holes?