BARGAIN!

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
stevie

BARGAIN!

Post by stevie »

Wow some lucky beggar's just picked up that AJS 350 in Thurso (on spreebay) for just over a grand! Bargain for someone (hope it goes to a good home!) Of course it's a bit disappointing for the seller, and for those of us that think ours are worth far more...
(it was a bit tatty, though!)
Steve
If a man speaks in the forest and his wife is not there to hear him is he still wrong?
crawsue

BARGAIN!

Post by crawsue »

Yeah,thought long and hard about it,free delivery within Scotland,as well.It did look a bit tired,but for that money I'm sure it would "buff up" OK.You would do well to get a basket case at that money these days,never mind one that was T&T and sold as a runner.Xseven sprang to mind,it was the kind of thing he might have been interested in.I don't think that it is representative of values,though,the location was against it from minute one,as was the description and the pictures didn't show any good general side views...very poorly marketed!Edited by - crawsue on 17 Jan 2009 3:07:05 PM
Hard work never killed anyone.....but why take the risk?
xseven

BARGAIN!

Post by xseven »

Yep.I was watching that too.If it had been a bit(a lot)closer I might have had a punt.Very cheap
I have had a look at a couple today and I'm in deep thought at the momment
alanjennings

BARGAIN!

Post by alanjennings »

"deep thought"-that's scary!!-the answer is of course 42!! [no I've not completely lost my marbles11]
Alan [Morini] Jennings
AJS650

BARGAIN!

Post by AJS650 »

"OH fish of all knowledge"
Sometimes,, the shed is locked and Kev has the key :-(
stevie

BARGAIN!

Post by stevie »

Yeah it was almost, but not quite, entirely not near anyone.
Sean, by the time you make up your mind I'll probably be finished with mine!
(only joking hope it's not listening!)
If a man speaks in the forest and his wife is not there to hear him is he still wrong?
xseven

BARGAIN!

Post by xseven »

Still thinking
stevie

BARGAIN!

Post by stevie »

Today the sun was shining and the roads were relatively dry (considering the monsoon we had in the early hours of the morning!), a rather nasty gout has settled down (I'm a bloody wreck I tell you..) so I got in the garage to attend to a few minor things I'd been meaning to do to me bike since before Christmas.
As it no longer hurts to do so I kicked it over and, as has so often been the case, it fired on the first kick.
That's it - all plans of tinkering shelved in favour of a little bimble into the Herts countryside. Afternoon gone!
Rocker cover gasket, oil feed line and tin chaincase can 'wheeze' on my garage floor for a few more days, and I washed the oil off the back tyre again (Lord knows how it manages NOT to get on the tread!)
You see, that's why we buy them, to ride them, isn't it.
Had a thoroughly splendid day!(well afternoon, anyway!)
Sean, hope you have some of these soon