with regard to 'a cautionary tale'

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
chris kelly

Post by chris kelly »

Hi,
'' ......... we have Baa Baa Purple sheep instead of black sheep what next ? ''

Well Merlin, as no doubt you are well aware, but TommoT probably not , is what Blackpool Council has been up to.

So I'll quote from the BBC report, a few months ago.

''Nappytime for Blackpool Horses

....each of Blackpool's 50 landau horses will be wearing giant nappies free of charge and owners face an 80 pound spot fine if their horses are found not wearing the vet approved plastic devices...''--------------'' to keep the promenade free from droppings.''

A little bit of British or English eccentricity here and in a way takes one back, away from the strange politically correct decisions commented on above.. to a past age.

My Mother In Law arrived today...( very stressful.. )
and during our meal we were talking about the strengths of Britain. Anyway, one of her abiding memories ,when visiting my wife and me in the mid seventies ,was together with her husband going into the local bank, a branch office to get some money on Christmas Eve. The staff were all wearing paper hats, all looked as if they had a Christmas drink or two, all very jovial, laughing with each other, and the customers .. as they counted the money out. When they subsequently told this story back in Sweden their friends could hardly believe them. Another of her ''experiences '' was at the baptism of our daughter at our local Church. January, foggy and freezing cold all wrapped up in our medieval Church . No heating of course, steam coming out of our mouths ..and the Vicar liberally baptising our daughter with cold water. I like it !

Oh , and one more thing Ken ( Itma ) is definately not a Christmas Scrooge, and for those who were reading ''posts '' of about a year ago will remember Ken telling us of the 'stray ' cat that is allowed to sleep in his bike shed and I think gets something to eat. That surpasses the Christmas Spirit ! Definately ''Matchless '' behaviour.

Chris.
'My cat can beat up your cat!'
itma

Post by itma »

Thank you Chris.
That mangy old feral cat is now 19 years old; its deaf, near blind and this winter has shacked up in my wifes giant outdoor pantry [dont ask she cooks I eat] where it eats sleeps [and sh!tes] all the day, mind you the missus clears it up.
It also allows us to pick it up, after all these years.
Its even managed, with a little help from a broomstick wielded by me to fend off two attacks from my new Jack Russell, a tough little git, and a rat killer.
I have to admit a grudging respect for the survival skills of the mangy beast, so its welcome to the shed, as if it dies outside I won't find it till it stinks.
I still don't like cats
But I like them more than bloody ch**&$$"%$$
AJS650

Post by AJS650 »

ahhhh itma has a soft spot after all
Sometimes,, the shed is locked and Kev has the key :-(
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Not one easily found
Chemists do it with test tubes
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I don't like cats either, but we had one when we both worked all day. It was the ginger tom kitten which sat in the food bowl and swiped the other kittens who tried to eat. It grew to large size and not only bullied the other cats in the vicinity (going into their houses and eating their food) but also chased Labrador that had the temerity to look like it was going to cock leg on the AJS 250.

Spike ran away after we had him neutered - and who could blame him?

But my bull terriers (current one English) have been a much better investment. We're not troubled by burglars to date. And they are great at being good with the kids, regardless of what's said. Only hint of a problem was they'd be too protective of the kids sometimes.

Johnny B
itma

Post by itma »

Bull terriers are great with kids,highly protective, I have just lost a staffy/Jack Russell cross whose idea of bliss was being let loose in a nursery full of under fives.