Jampot Rally Prang 2008

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
deshollier
Deceased

Jampot Rally Prang 2008

Post by deshollier »

Regarding the down side of steel toecaps. In a very small number of instances, most if not all safety devices, including safety belts and airbags, have caused severe injury or even death. The point to remember is that statistically your chances are much better with, than without them!
mick williams

Jampot Rally Prang 2008

Post by mick williams »

Hi Les
I hope you are well on the mend by now.

A quick word to the Fishmonger

Any good quality work boots or DMs for instance are better than trainers steel toecapped or otherwise. If you have not got leather trousers, then a thick pair of denim jeans are Ok.

Check out your local boot sales (carboot that is!) it's amazing how cheaply you can pick up second hand bike gear. I recently picked up a Lookwell leather Jacket in almost mint condition for £25, that would have set me back more like a couple of hundred from a shop (fits like a glove too!).

Regards Mick
RIDE FREE AND STAY UPRIGHT
kernow kid

Jampot Rally Prang 2008

Post by kernow kid »

Hi Les,
Pleased to hear that you are on the mend. As 'Sweeper upper' marshall for that Saturday run, you certainly tested the brush!
I arrived after Malcolm and Debbie and my father, Stuart Fry and the gent on the WD with the cameras.
A kind tourist lady had already called the ambulance. You were a new mini roundabout for a while as we directed the traffic around you!
The ambulance arrived a several police vehicles, including a traffic cop who was one of my best mates at school who I hadnt seen for 22 years!
Once loaded up, Malcolm and Debbie returned to site to inform Chris, who passed the info onto your friends and relations. My father stayed with your bike and upon returning to the site, myself and Chris from JSL took the JSL van back to collect your bike. We 3 loaded it up and got it back to site.
Glad to hear no lasting damage and I have to say, your crash helmet was a good advert for full face helmets.
Regards Tony Fry
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
silverarrow

Jampot Rally Prang 2008

Post by silverarrow »

Nice to hear from you Tony and again I thank you and everyone who helped. You can tell I was away with the fairies as I told several people that no police were involved.

Yes i was very pleased with my helmets performance and it has been retired now in preferance for a nice new shiney one bought from the same shop for luck.

Still eagarly awaiting a copy of the video.

Les Smith
Keep smiling