DUPLEX FRAME PETROL TANK FIXING

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
moley

Post by moley »

I HAVE LOOKED IN MY SPARES BOOK BUT AM NOT SURE OF ALL THE PARTS TO FIX THE FRONT FIXING ON MY DUPLEX FRAMED PETROL TANK. IT IS THE TYPE THAT HAS THE RUBBER INSIDE THE TANK WITH A STUD HANGING DOWN

AS WEL AS THE RUBBER INSIDE THE TANK IS THERE ANOTHER TWO (THIN) RUBBERS SANDWICHING THE FRAME?

iT WOULD BE GREAT IF SOMEONE COULD PROVIDE ALL PART NUMBERS REQUIRED SO I CAN GET AN ORDER OFF.. JUST THIS TO FINISH BIKE..

CHEERS

ANDY
bag-o-nails

Post by bag-o-nails »

Hi andy

A bit more info please model cc year!
moley

Post by moley »

1961 g12 650
Biscuit
Deceased

Post by Biscuit »

According to a picture in the maintenance manual, there is only the rubber that fits within the tank, plus two plain washers either side of the frame bracket.

Don Madden

Post by Don Madden »

According to the spares list there is no rubber buffer between the tube at the tank bottom & the frame lug, which suggests the design was to have the rubber protruding from the tube enough to cushion the tank. I find that the tank will slide over the rubber buffer & let the tubular mount bang on the lug. To prevent metal to metal contact, I slip a bottom rubber buffer above the bolt so that the tank cannot shift down.

A bottom rubber buffer fits below the lug, followed by a large flat washer & a lock nut. I use one of the shouldered rubber buffers which fits into the large hole in the lug & keeps the bolt centered & prevents the bolt from touching the lug.

Cheers, Don.