North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 2nd of May

Section covering the North East of England (including the old Border section and Northumberland section)
nomisimon

North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 2nd of May

Post by nomisimon »

Evenin’ all

Just a gentle nudge to remind you our May meeting will be this Thursday, the 2nd of May, from 7pm at the Robin Hood.

I’m not planning any ‘unplanned’ trips to NHS facilities this month, so look forward to seeing you there.

I’m after a pair of headlight mounts for my 350 project…it has 1 1/8 inch forks. These were used on 1952 and earlier bikes, later competition bikes and the lightweights.

Can you help please?

Regards

Simon
Thank God for Southby
nomisimon

Re: North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 2nd of May

Post by nomisimon »

We had a lively meeting on Thursday the 2nd May…Simon Turnbull came on his Matchless too, all the way from Blyth. The weather is finally improving, so hopefully we’ll get the chance for some reasonable ride outs this year. Dave’s 650 twin is coming along nicely and there are several projects on the go, my own 350 off road bike being one of them. I lost a month due to an unexpected stay in Chateau RVI in Newcastle; hence no report last month. We were delighted to welcome new member Alistair to the section, and to our club night.

There are two local events coming up this year, one is the Beamish Safety and Reliability Trial and the other is the Beamish Trophy Trial. The latter event is full now, but there may be places available in the Reliability Trial; drop me a line if you’re interested.

Our next meeting will be on Thursday the 6th June, at the Robin Hood Inn from 7pm.

Regards

Simon Robinson
Thank God for Southby