"Cheap" girder forks

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Shane1971

Re: "Cheap" girder forks

Post by Shane1971 »

Glad I saw this video - was about to buy a set. I have a 1939 Matchless G3 with teledraulic front end. Where can I find a springer front end (an up coming event requires pre-war suspension)? Thanks.
EddieDay

Post by EddieDay »

The Indians can do this stuff. I had an Indian Enfield Bullet 500 in the early 90s as my every day bike. It was fine. Some of the castings looked a little porous but it would sit at 60mph comfortably and stop well. Since then the quality has improved and with the advent of the twins they are quite rightly doing well.
The "manufacturer" of those girder forks is clearly a cowboy. My take on this is if you are going to buy after market stuff from India, only buy non structural, unstressed parts. Maybe mudguards or, at a stretch, petrol tanks.
Wayne Cole

Post by Wayne Cole »

cbranni wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:00 pm Yes Alan I agree with you, I have bought a few items from India but these were toolbox or headlamp and the like but as for SC parts stay well clear of them, the build quality cannot be trusted.

Colin
Can I just chime in please and say DO NOT BUY FROM INDIA! I bought a rear stand made from god knows what metal and it snapped my hands when trying to put it on, the spacing was wrong too. The stand I bought from this forums spare parts was the real deal. As for these new royal Enfields built in India hmmm don't ban me but I'm very tempted, imagine being able to ride 50 miles without a break down...
Andy51

Post by Andy51 »

Wayne is wrong about Enfields, I have an Enfield Himalayan which has been reliable and very capable, at a very reasonable price. Do not conflate back street cowboy products with those of 'proper' reputable companies- after all, India has launched space probes and built satellites. Andy
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

I also have an enfield, been a good bike. So much so that i definitely don't want to part with it .
Not fast not desirable just a good plodding single with a nice sound.
Wayne Cole

Post by Wayne Cole »

Andy51 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:03 am Wayne is wrong about Enfields, I have an Enfield Himalayan which has been reliable and very capable, at a very reasonable price. Do not conflate back street cowboy products with those of 'proper' reputable companies- after all, India has launched space probes and built satellites. Andy
All
No mate I said the matchless products I have bought from India are pot metal rubbish, I wasn't lumping the royal Enfield in with that at all, the classic 350 is on my want List actually, I've seen nothing but good things about them.