electrical query

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
Steve

Re: electrical query

Post by Steve »

lots to digest guys hence the delay with any replies, thanks for all the advice and information.
so after much deliberation and taking different pieces of the advice put forward, I shall just replace the existing dip switch and horn for a combined unit, I'll move my on off switch that I put in from the left hand tool box to a handlebar switch as it will be easier to see. I forget to switch it off where it is, that still leaves me with a I off II switch that I would like to try and use to turn on position I pilot light position II headlight, but will need to see how to wire that yet. that will leave me with one on off switch as its a double switch with one for the ignition. I will leave it blank for the present but will look into the suggestion of a switched oil cut off I did buy a mechanical valve last year but when it arrived it was much to big so gave up on that idea but and electric switch might be an option and if it is I will already have a spare on off switch fitted. (see be prepared)
knew I should have been a boy scout :rofl:
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

spookefoote1956 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:25 pm If you are going to wire batteries in parallel then do it like this.

Parallel Batteries.png
Why...? Just wondering :D
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Pharisee wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:10 pm
spookefoote1956 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:25 pm If you are going to wire batteries in parallel then do it like this.

Parallel Batteries.png
This should explain
https://caravanchronicles.com/guides/ho ... -parallel/
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

You are indeed correct Steve. The traditional method is the one taught by school science teachers who never got the chance to work in industry and went straight from school to ................. school!
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

Steve wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:27 pm
Pharisee wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:10 pm

Parallel Batteries.png
This should explain
https://caravanchronicles.com/guides/ho ... -parallel/
Ok... I understand that. My small workshop is solar powered and I have two big 12v 200Ahr connected in parallel... the wrong way, apparently. I will have a look at rectifying that tomorrow. The 2Kw inverter is pulling around 170 amps at full load so it will probably make a difference. Thank you for the info!
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.