Photos and Memories from Canada

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Eamonn
Webmaster

Photos and Memories from Canada

Post by Eamonn »

The following words and pictures are from Frank now living in Canada, if anyone can confirm the models/dates it could help Frank's memory of his old bikes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They're nothing special, just a young lad's first real bikes (after a BSA Bantam).

I'm afraid I don't know the model names or year for any of them but others possibly will.

This first was my first AJS and I believe it was a 1951 550cc twin. Anyway with a Canadian winter on the way I took it all apart ... just because. It got a lovely cleanup and looked marvellous the next Spring.
Frank_a.jpg
Frank_b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Corners like a Lego man
Eamonn
Webmaster

Re: Photos and Memories from Canada

Post by Eamonn »

This was a slightly newer Matchless (55? maybe) and I think it was a 600 cc made for the North American market. I had a nasty accident on a fog-bound highway and ran into a stopped car. I went over the bars and landed on my tail in the grassy median. The bike and I got away pretty lightly. Here I'm just getting the front end rebuilt.
Frank_8.jpg
Frank_9.jpg
This is actually my younger brother on a later AJS/Matchless ... I don't remember what it is ... I'm 85 now.
Frank_10.jpg
And here he is again on yet another Matchless of mine.
Frank_11.jpg
As I said, nothing special but fond memories for me. Would you believe one of my later bikes was a Vincent Rapide and I have no photos of it!!

FYI I was born in Dunfermline, Fife and emigrated after the war to Canada with our family. Still retain a fondness for British bikes, cars and steam engines!

I hope some of your members find these interesting and thanks again for helping me post them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Corners like a Lego man