Engine Rebuild

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
GPS1963

Engine Rebuild

Post by GPS1963 »

Hi. I am new to the forum so a big hello to all. Looking to sort some of those oil leaks on my G650 1963. All being well I will look to carry out the work unless I discover it's a bit more serious..a couple of questions if you can help
1. Any local spares suppliers for the North West
2. Any recommendations as regards engine repairers in North West..
Any info greatly appreciated
Cheers
Paul
dave16mct

Re: Engine Rebuild

Post by dave16mct »

Hi Paul,
there are no local suppliers or engine builders that I know of in the North West. My advice is to join the club. Then you will have access to the spares scheme. You will get plenty of advice on here but also come to our North West section which meets at Charnock Richard Football Club on the 2nd thursday of the month at around 8pm. You will be made very welcome. Which part of the NW are you from?
Dave.
ChrisTheChippy

Re: Engine Rebuild

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Welcome to the club and the forum Paul .
Don't forget the club spares scheme. Easy to access now you are a member and a great mail order service . Just go to the homepage and follow the link to the spares scheme. Browse at your lesuire and have the bits you need delivered to your door. What could be better.
It's best to check part numbers for your machine . I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you that link . Unfortunately I'm not good enough with a computer to do that .
Can't advise on engine repairers in the North West as I'm down south but if you do decide to tackle the job yourself there is a wealth of information available and freely given on this forum.
All the best
Chris