Footrests 59 G12

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Fearn80

Footrests 59 G12

Post by Fearn80 »

Hi All

Just a quick question..... How tweakable are the footrests on these bikes.?

Mine are a little on the wonk.

If anyone has a good method...?
IMG_20221104_113828680_HDR.jpg
Cheers
Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joker_Bones

Re: Footrests 59 G12

Post by Joker_Bones »

I bought a non-folding kickstart lever like yours few weeks back that had the about the same amount of wonk as as your footpeg...
It bent back into shape okay by putting the flats on the spline end in a vice and the biggest ring spanner I have (about two foot long) over the arm and heaving on it.
Heating will reduce the risk of fracture.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Joker_Bones wrote: ↑Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:59 pm It bent back into shape okay by putting the flats on the spline end in a vice and the biggest ring spanner I have (about two foot long) over the arm and heaving on it.
Heating will reduce the risk of fracture.
I did mine cold in much the same way but instead of putting it in the vice I stuck it between the bars of the street drain outside the house with a precautionary length of cord attached in case it dropped in.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Joker_Bones

Post by Joker_Bones »

Funny you should say that...
Although I ended up using my vice I was worried I was going to break the bench it is mounted on, so went looking for somewhere/something to lock the kick-start in... I tried the road drain... But the bars were too far apart πŸ˜•
Fearn80

Post by Fearn80 »

Cheers....

I will make and attempt. Think my vice/bench might be a little to weak sauce for the job... Time to look for drain covers :)

Andy

Andy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

When our illustrious Ray "Rumble" Farmer decided to take an impromptu nap whilst trying to mount the kerb in Belgium, the foot rest cried enough and bent way up! I got him to sit on the bike, removed the rubber, using my 12" adjustable spanner set inline with the rest I bent it back almost spot on level. It didn't take much effort due to my hefty build, some may come later and say FAT, and the result was it was better than it'd been for years. He only had to ask and not go to the extreme length he did! :rofl:
Fearn80

Post by Fearn80 »

Well that wasn't as difficult as i was expecting.... Plus no need for drain covers :)

Just a little paint. Good to go.

Cheers all
IMG_20221113_122210843_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221113_114938113_HDR.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

That's what you call a cunning plan!
Fearn80

Post by Fearn80 »

Handy things those cheap Amazon hydraulic press..if you have room. They are rough/nasty though.
Queenslander

Post by Queenslander »

Talking about foot rests.
I recently acquired a 58 G3 LS and noticed the left peg was over an inch longer that the right.(old school measurement for an old school bike)
So much so, that with my foot on the rubber, I couldn't reach the brake.
Like the other comments, I cold adjusted the brake and the foot peg to a better shape and then decided to cut the length of the peg back to match the RH peg.
Now I can reach the brake without too much contortion.
Does anyone know why the two pegs are different?