Stolen bike Luton

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
G15 Roy

Stolen bike Luton

Post by G15 Roy »

image.jpeg
Hi all see message posted on face book .

Stolen motorbike 😞

Last night, my dad's Matchless G12L was stolen from their garage in Luton. The bike was my grandfather's and then my dad's, and has been in our family since the 1960s. Everyone is gutted, please if anyone knows or sees of anything, let me know. I'm waiting to join some specific Matchless groups to post there also.

Reg: 845GKP
Matchless G12L 650cc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roy
56G80S

Re: Stolen bike Luton

Post by 56G80S »

Took a photo in case I see one like it.

Must be heartbreaking.

Johnny B
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

Very sad news Roy, hope it's recovered.

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
clive

Post by clive »

The original information which Roy has copied was was posted on facebook by Chris Dunham with Carol Dunham.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

Sorry to hear that. I lived in Luton, on the edge of "Tin Town", and rented a lock-up garage which I shared with a mate. In the 6 years that we had it, it was broken into 7 times. The bikes were all secured to a concreted in ground anchor with a massive chain. We never lost any of them but anything that was not bolted down was taken. Police were useless and nothing was ever recovered. They reckoned it was school kids as the break-ins were all in the school holidays periods. In the end the property company that owned the garages asked us to leave as they said the cost of replacing the garage doors was more that the rent. I've now moved to rural Lincolnshire and have had no problems up here, fortunately.
I hope you get the bike back, but I'm sorry, I won't be holding my breath :( Ill keep my eyes open in case it turns up on my manor.
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
chappers1962

Post by chappers1962 »

Sorry to hear about your loss. Highly likely it was nicked by kids then passed to an organised gang who will break it up for spares and sold on Ebay (and I'm sure bought by some unsuspecting Jampot members - hence the reason I only buy from known trusted sources). Not much you can do to stop this type of theft other that keep the bike in your house (I would but misses won't let me). Having researched security for my VFR, best approaches are:

Chain anchored to garage floor
Tracker
DATATAG all parts

Unfortunately, this type of crime will set to increase now the economy has been destroyed. I'm currently considering investing in a shotgun as we enter a COVID Lockdown induced Mad Max dystopia.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

I just had my alarm upgraded, so that at night I can set the alarm for the workshop and garage independently from the house. Bikes are chained together and car has crook and gear lever locks.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

39speedtwin wrote:I just had my alarm upgraded, so that at night I can set the alarm for the workshop and garage independently from the house. Bikes are chained together........
Cuh! A crim would be lucky to get more than a couple of hundred yards on any of your bikes, Didley. :roll:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Now now Neville that was 2018, no problems since!
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

39speedtwin wrote:Now now Neville that was 2018, no problems since!
Are you not forgetting the little push home with the New AJS. :lol:
Roy