rocker box wanted

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
matchlessproject

rocker box wanted

Post by matchlessproject »

i need a rocker box for my ajs model 37/16 a small piece has snapped just above the ex valve , so it leaks a small amount .see pic
Rob Harknett

Re: rocker box wanted

Post by Rob Harknett »

The 1937/38 rocker box was quite fragile, many will be found broken at the top where the top screw holds the half egg shell type cap. Probably due to rough treatment trying to remove the cheese head slotted screw. Finding one intact will not come easy. I suggest you get the box repaired by a Lumiweld expert. When we had such a person demonstrate Lumiweld at a section meeting, we were shown a bike engine completely smashed, before and after pictures.
clive

Post by clive »

sorry but we do not allow wanted ads in our general forum pages. If I moved it to the part of the forum where wanted ads are allowed as a guest member you would not be able to see it. You are welcome to place a wanted ad which costs £5 for guests.
regards
Advertising Officer
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
matchlessproject

thanks , do you allow parts for sale ?
clive

Post by clive »

Mark you can sell bikes, spare parts or place wanted ads by going to the advert part of the website. Adverts are free for paid up club members but cost £5 through paypal for guests. These adverts are published in the next copy of the club magazine and reach a much wider audience as many members do not use the website.
Paid up members also have another alternative which is in the members only section of the forum where we do allow adverts in a specific section but these adverts do not get into the club magazine.
regards Clive Adverts Editor
clive
matchlessproject

thanks , i have some silver arrow parts im sorting out , looks like ebay thought some one here may like them
clive

Post by clive »

Certainly ebay them but if they sell for more than £50 it will cost you more money than advertising here. Ours is a one off payment no final value fee.
clive
matchlessproject

thanks for the advice and first item just sold , i wanted £70 , it sold £208 and is going to austraila , im very out of touch with the price of items i have had for over 50 years .