Servis tyres

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
alanjennings

Re: Servis tyres

Post by alanjennings »

Mitas are fine, but I agree not very long lasting! I have some cheap Slovac tyres on my 250 morini and they look similar to Avon road something or others! Had a quick ride on my 31 as this weekend looks to be a washout!!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

As a person with no expertise whatever (2000 bike miles in the last ten years) my observation is that safely gripping tyres have to be soft, as , it seems so do brake linings. My sons road Ducati's chewed through rear tyres like they were being stolen in the night. It seemed like he went out a couple of weekends to test it, came back and changed the tyre ! But massive angles of lean, power and braking on corners. The debris from tyres and brakes has attracted the clean air movement, perhaps rightly so. I was glad when my son changed to Enduro, only to find the tires were soft as hell for some conditions, people were changing them in the break. As part of the eco changes I am pressing for new vehicles to have iron shod wheels (I believe they plan to travel in train mode anyway) retarders instead of brakes and a speed capability for vehicles which is at least related to the speed limit and has an engine suited to that degree of power. Of course historic vehicles will not be affected. I am also still hoping they let me out at weekends under supervision.
Stan
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Cjay59 wrote: I still put my left arm out to signal I was pulling across, I'm still baffled to this day what my brain was thinking....
Safety first :rofl: