amazing forum - thankyou

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
asterysk_usa

amazing forum - thankyou

Post by asterysk_usa »

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with all the advice and tips that flow on this forum, I think I have saved my membership fee about ten times over by now !

I personally prefer the structured format of a classic forum (i.e. jampot.com) compared to the erratic feed from facebook, instagram or the clunky format of group.io , however, I find that I'm increasingly in the minority, probably because of my age !
1954 AJS 18S Cyprus export (frame decode says 1954 but many components match a 1955).
Rosy

Re: amazing forum - thankyou

Post by Rosy »

Totally agree with you, a brilliant forum.
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

I agree too both in terms of the content of Jampot and the structure of a classic forum.

Alan
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol:
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Well those comments are very reassuring as we have just refunded a chap who said it was the worst forum and club he ever had the displeasure to join.
asterysk_usa

Post by asterysk_usa »

ajscomboman wrote:Well those comments are very reassuring as we have just refunded a chap who said it was the worst forum and club he ever had the displeasure to join.
Did the person give any specific examples ? Was it perhaps a generational mismatch , as I mentioned I'm not sure how this classic forum approach works with the 'instagram mobile force feed generation'
1954 AJS 18S Cyprus export (frame decode says 1954 but many components match a 1955).
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

I have thoroughly enjoyed joining the club. Admittedly I wouldn't have done unless I won last year's raffle prize (I'm still in shock!!), but I guess it's in my blood anyway.

I vowed to never get back on two wheels as well...

I have absorbed so much information and found pretty much everything I need to ride maintain and restore what would've been a state of the art motorcycle in 1940! Last month was particularly good as a lovely man (Franck) in France sent me all the rare tinware I need to make it easier to restore it. Maybe it is a labour of love, as it'll never be worth more than I spent (time and money) but it's the psychological satisfaction that is priceless.

There's a good bunch of fellas here. My local section (North Essex) is a great bunch to meet up with too. I've been made to feel very welcome.

Long may it continue. :)
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

asterysk_usa wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:Well those comments are very reassuring as we have just refunded a chap who said it was the worst forum and club he ever had the displeasure to join.
Did the person give any specific examples ? Was it perhaps a generational mismatch , as I mentioned I'm not sure how this classic forum approach works with the 'instagram mobile force feed generation'
He did but I'm not going to get into all that. As for generational, nope same age as you and I mid 50's. Has other classics and belongs to associated clubs for them. We apparently are the worst ever.
Mollbhan

Post by Mollbhan »

Well I have been in quite a few clubs over the years and this is by far the best and most helpful club ever, I suspect because we are generally, shall we say a more mature generation. My last (prestigious) club which better remain anonymous was a total disaster, the adverts spoke of a spares scheme and a helpful forum, none of which existed, any correspondence from the club referred to internal childish squabbling and bickering between members and after parting with a substantial joining fee which was banked immediately it took several e-mails before I got any response at all.
Can't imagine why anybody would want their joining fee back from this club.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

asterysk_usa wrote:Did the person give any specific examples ?
ajscomboman wrote:He did but I'm not going to get into all that
There's a new twist for the weekly quiz, guess the member, (ooh err), - - - - - or would that be too easy ;)
markwhitelock

Post by markwhitelock »

I've only been a member for a few months and I can honestly say that without this club I would be very stuck with sorting my 1956 G80! In only a short time I have had lots of offers of help and assistance, I'm very grateful.

I'm looking forward to getting it on the road so I can get more involved with the social side of the club as well.