Siamese exhaust pipe

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Goss

Siamese exhaust pipe

Post by Goss »

Can some one tell me were I can get Siamese exhaust pipes besides armours for a 1961 G12 csr
Please
Tom
matchless

Re: Siamese exhaust pipe

Post by matchless »

Hi, Try Feked / or British only Austria?
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Feked don't do pipes for the CSR anymore and the current complaints about their customer service wouldn't encourage me to use them. British only don't make, they only buy from other manufacturers like Armours and hike the price up.

Only Armours or a custom made system are your options
ksj_LAPSED

Post by ksj_LAPSED »

even be careful of armours , a freind bought some and the silencer was pointing down hill when he complained he was told ' somebody must have modified the bike . He pushed the bike out of the showroom in 1962 and has been the only owner
griffin

Post by griffin »

ksj wrote:even be careful of armours , a freind bought some and the silencer was pointing down hill when he complained he was told ' somebody must have modified the bike . He pushed the bike out of the showroom in 1962 and has been the only owner
Yes my armours silencer also pointed downhill but knowing full well that it would I bought stainless steel Siamese pipes and then had them corrected at a local car exhaust manufacturer.
What some people do if they want chromed pipes is to buy them un-chromed then have them bent to the correct line followed by chroming , sounds very expensive tho.
You would have thought that armours would have sorted this problem out years ago ?
LynP

Post by LynP »

Just a thought, but probably not a correct one. I know the twin pipes should be the same on AJS and Matchless 650's but do both megaphones and the AJS style silencers point down, if not could the inlets on the AJS silencers and Matchless megaphones be angled differently? Just out of interest, do the Armour's 500 and 600 pipes fit correctly?
clive

Post by clive »

Some years ago i bought Armours siamese pipes for my G11CS (600). With a slight adjustment of the joint angle between the two they fitted fine. I did not like them though as they had a hiccup to go over the footrest and the original ones were straight through over the footrest. Made it difficult to fit and they also had a bolt mounting for the short pipe and it should have been a bracket to the engine mount. I later lent my bike to Feked and some original pipes to use to bend up some as a pattern. The ones they gave me fitted with just a tweek on the bracket. Since then i have heard the pipes supplied to another 1958 G11CS owner did not fit. The short pipe angle seemed to differ to that supplied to me.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
matchless

Post by matchless »

I reently bought CS pipes for a 1958 30CS from Feked and they didn't fit correctly. They touched on the frame downtube / foot rest / gearbox and rear frame stud. I had to remove the footrest, heat the pipe with an LPG flame, fit a pipe extension for leverage and gently twist them in to shape. Luckily the chrome survived. However I have to assemble and disassemble them with a rubber hammer.
Several years ago I purchased CS pipes from Armours for the same bike and found the header pipes were too short and needed to be lengthened to correctly fit into the exhaust port and not foul the frame downtube.

I suggest you leave your bike with a tube bending company for them to fit correctly.

Regards.............David
mollymole

Post by mollymole »

tube form technology of poole dorset made one for my cs twin to my spec. took the bike to them picked up later same day,excellent job, not cheap and had to get it chromed. That was the biggest problem as the first place I used tried twice and it failed, ended up getting my money back.used a company in yate nr. bristol 4yrs ago and its still fine.