Help please model 8

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
horsefodder

Help please model 8

Post by horsefodder »

Hello all, tonight I had a major disaster, I really wasn't feeling well enough to work on the model 8 but as all the nice new parts had arrived I decided to assemble the crankshaft, and one of those lovely roller bearings has gone awal, I saw it drop and followed it to where I thought it came to rest and its vanished, ive been over the workshop with a magnet, its in hyperspace somewhere, can somebody advise me where I can get one please?

many thanks

desperate Bruce (now on the Morphine and gin!)
56G80S

Re: Help please model 8

Post by 56G80S »

Lokk for something else and you'll find it.

I really don't know how these things disappear but it's not just you. Hope someone comes up with something for you.

Johnny B
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

horsefodder wrote:Hello all, tonight I had a major disaster, I really wasn't feeling well enough to work on the model 8 but as all the nice new parts had arrived I decided to assemble the crankshaft, and one of those lovely roller bearings has gone awal, I saw it drop and followed it to where I thought it came to rest and its vanished, ive been over the workshop with a magnet, its in hyperspace somewhere, can somebody advise me where I can get one please?

many thanks

desperate Bruce (now on the Morphine and gin!)
Trouser turnups used be the place to look ;)
I've haven't looked but Google two firms: 'Bearing Boys' and 'Simply Bearings'.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
horsefodder

Post by horsefodder »

Hi, and thank you, yes it oh 45 in the AM, ive found the bugger on the other side of the workshop hiding under a triumph, the roller is where it should be and the crankshaft is pressed up, tomorrow I will true it on the lathe, I spent ages getting another engine I did as near to perfect as I could, that bike ticks over like a watch and dosnt vibrate much, it just goes to show what careful preparation can do, hopefully tomorrow evening will be the joining of the crankcases!

regards to all

Bruce