Saftek

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
MalcW

Saftek

Post by MalcW »

Hi

Based on other entries in this forum, I sent my front brake shoes off to Saftek to be relined. I posted them at around 1.30pm yesterday - today, I got a call from them at about 2pm to tell me they were done! Now that's what I call service.

I have no connection with the firm, just a very happy customer.

Malc
Greybeard

Re: Saftek

Post by Greybeard »

Thats an opportune review :D Ive just been looking at their site. Out of interest, which type of lining did you go for and did you have to send the back plate etc? Naturally being a yorkshireman the next question has to be 'how much?' ;)
I want to get new linings on the G80 and the M31 - perhaps others in due course.

Regards. Steve
MalcW

Post by MalcW »

Hi Steve

I went for their Standard Duty linings, and I only had to send the shoes themselves. Price was £34, including return postage. I phoned them first, and the guy said they do it on a fixed price basis. If you are sending both sets of shoes I would phone them for a price, as I guess postage would be combined.

I just had a call his afternoon from a local company to say my new tyres are in, so I'm looking forward to trying out both tyres and new brake this weekend - weather permitting...

Malc
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Thanks for that, Malc. Another job for winter firmly on the list.

Steve
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

A quick update from a satisfied customer. I finally sent off 2 pairs of shoes (G80 and M31) at 3pm from the village Post Office. I got a telephone call about 2.30 the following day to say they were done and ready to be sent back to me. Card details were passed and the shoes were back on the bikes the next afternoon :D
Price was £52 including the return postage for both pairs.
A fantastic service. A member of my local AMOC group had taken his shoes in there to be done as he was visiting the area. He was told to go and grab a cuppa and his shoes were done in an hour :shock:
A company well worth supporting.

Steve
mikeydpippin

Post by mikeydpippin »

Pardon my ignorance Malc, I will soon be looking to buying replacement shoes for my 57 G3 and Jampot spares incl postage and vat comes to £27.28p (013620)
Are the Saftek shoes a better quality?
Mike
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

mikeydpippin wrote:........Jampot spares incl postage and vat comes to £27.28p (013620)
Greybeard wrote:Price was £52 including the return postage for both pairs.
I read that the £52 was for 4 shoes, not two............ ;)
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
clive

Post by clive »

MalcW wrote:Hi Steve

I went for their Standard Duty linings, and I only had to send the shoes themselves. Price was £34, including return postage........
Malc
I read that as £34 for two shoes not four... keep up there Sprids.. ;)
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

clive wrote:
MalcW wrote:Hi Steve

I went for their Standard Duty linings, and I only had to send the shoes themselves. Price was £34, including return postage........
Malc
I read that as £34 for two shoes not four... keep up there Sprids.. ;)
My mistake. I was quoting 'Greybeards' price. :oops:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
MalcW

Post by MalcW »

mikeydpippin wrote:Pardon my ignorance Malc, I will soon be looking to buying replacement shoes for my 57 G3 and Jampot spares incl postage and vat comes to £27.28p (013620)
Hi Mike, sorry, I hadn't seen your post. The honest answer is I Don't Know. I went for Saftek because of other reviews I'd seen, and the implication that they have higher friction. I must say that now they are bedding in they do seem to give more power than the originals, which still had plenty of meat on them.

You say that you are buying new shoes: I should point out that Saftek re-line the shoes you already have.

Malc