Csr forks

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Samp

Csr forks

Post by Samp »

Can anyone point me in the direction of some new modal 14 csr fork stantions or possibly some full forks
dave16mct

Re: Csr forks

Post by dave16mct »

You could try AMC Classic Spares.
Dave.
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Samp wrote:Can anyone point me in the direction of some new modal 14 csr fork stantions or possibly some full forks
Try here http://www.andrew-engineering.co.uk/ that's where I got mine some years ago. they have ceased making parts and trading in general but are open to sell parts they already have in stock
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Samp

Post by Samp »

Is there any fork that i can use to replace them maybe that will be more modern and up to offroading but still keep some of the look
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

There are one or two members who have fitted 'cuckoo' forks.
When I was visiting breakers to research fitting a disc front brake to my G3LS the Honda RS250 forks looked a good match. However, several folk with whom I spoke (including the breaker who was selling them) told me that the disc brake was 'rubbish'. (Purely anecdotal as I never went ahead with the mod for other reasons).
I think Rob Swift has fitted a pair of forks with a disc brake to a H/W machine................ :?

(I don't know if L/W forks are different from those of the H/W though).
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Samp

Post by Samp »

Mine is a csr so diffrent from the two there 1 1/8 i think and the others are 1 1/4 if im right the csr fors are harder to come by. Im not looking for a pure bike so dont mine changing things as bikes far from standered anyway and i want to do some greenlaning and possibly some modern enduro days on it just for a laugh really but it has to look some where near right
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

SPRIDDLER wrote:There are one or two members who have fitted 'cuckoo' forks.
When I was visiting breakers to research fitting a disc front brake to my G3LS the Honda RS250 forks looked a good match. However, several folk with whom I spoke (including the breaker who was selling them) told me that the disc brake was 'rubbish'. (Purely anecdotal as I never went ahead with the mod for other reasons).
I think Rob Swift has fitted a pair of forks with a disc brake to a H/W machine................ :?

(I don't know if L/W forks are different from those of the H/W though).
Nope not me Nev, all I have is a hydraulic drum brake on the outfit.
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

SPRIDDLER wrote: (I don't know if L/W forks are different from those of the H/W though).
L/W Teledraulic forks (used on the CSR's and 350's) are 1 and 1/8" but H/W forks are 1 and 1/4"
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
shifter

Post by shifter »

There is a set of forks on the old e bay £299.99, look in a bit of a state but could be resurrected. E bay number 264063289743
shifter
?
Samp

Post by Samp »

Wrong forks for mine i need 1 1/8