Model 14

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
shifter

Model 14

Post by shifter »

Bought a model 14 to tinker with over the winter and keep me out of the reach of her indoors
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by shifter on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
?
Tolly

Re: Model 14

Post by Tolly »

That looks like it will take a few hours to sort out. Good luck. :beer:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
shifter

Post by shifter »

Thanks Tolly, I think I will be hitting the clubs spares department over the next few weeks. at least progress is pointing in the aimed direction with a few things starting to come together i.e. the top end and and carb done.

shifter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by shifter on Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
?
shifter

Post by shifter »

A little more done, up to now, I have stripped the bike down checking items/component's on the way and either replaced repaired cleaned or painted as required. Fitted rings honed barrel lapped valves all new gaskets, carb cleaned rebuilt with new jets etc, checked gearbox needed new kick start(broken) & gear shaft (week)return springs and o rings, gaskets, stripped blasted body side panels/mud guards forks/shocks etc re painted/coated.
Last edited by shifter on Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
?
AdieB

Post by AdieB »

Looks in great condition. A 12volt conversion too? If you are stripping down the front forks, please post some pictures as that is my next task on my 14.
shifter

Post by shifter »

Hello AdieB thanks its getting there, all the electrics wiring etc have been renewed/updated and is still running a 6v system. Forks were rebuilt a few years ago by a prior owner all I have done is strip and repaint them
?
AdieB

Post by AdieB »

Did you manage to track down a new kickstart? If so, where did you get it from as I am still trying to find one!
shifter

Post by shifter »

The bike came with a kick start lever, I bid you good luck in locating one as they are like hen's teeth.
shifter
?
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

shifter wrote:The bike came with a kick start lever, I bid you good luck in locating one as they are like hen's teeth.
shifter
Clearly no L/W owner wishes to grasp the metal and look into commissioning a batch for others. No good relying on club spares to sort it as we have no sample or manpower spare to go out and source them. The club may assist in funding the project subject to costings.

Come on people, without this type of background work you L/W owners will always play second fiddle.
shifter

Post by shifter »

I have snooped/asked around and will continue to do so at getting a batch made to no avail up to now. Unfortunately foundry's and the like are few and far up this end
?