Winter drawers on.......

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

Winter drawers on.......

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Cuh! What a faff this morning zipping and tagging the thermal winter inners back into my armoured textile jacket and trousers! Laid 'em out on the bed and poked the liners inside. When I endeavoured to try them on I found one arm and one leg twisted 180 degrees - trouser inners back to front.......so whipped 'em out and started again.............and again..........
Anyway, finally done in an hour after I realised the easiest way was to put on just the liners and then the jacket and trousers, then take 'em off together to do up the zips and button tags. I suppose I'm the last to realise that's the way to do it :roll: . Likewise a plastic bag over the feet makes 'em slip easily through the overtrousers legs.
Since I'm planning to meet up with the section guys along the route of the London - Brighton veteran car run on Sunday and since I had most of my gear on I decided to toddle the two miles through the golden lanes to the village filling station and top up.
Upon getting back home, two hours and 55 (s)miles later :D , I discovered the zorst had melted a hole right through one overtrouser leg. Didn't spoil my toasty ride though :beer:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
spookefoote1956

Re: Winter drawers on.......

Post by spookefoote1956 »

I broke out the long johns this week.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

I put my "long johns" in on Friday, I also pulled the Triumph next to the door ready for quick exit and the AMC bikes further to the back for their winter hibernation. :D

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I was wearing mine nearly a month ago..............................

Johnny B
pkr87

Post by pkr87 »

Wore the long Johns and silk liners in my gloves yesterday. Took the 'AJ' on a VMCC ride around Romney Marsh, did about 60 miles and I was nice and warm and after a bit of starting tantrum the bike behaved well. I have a 250ccs H --- A which is much easier to start and ride but it is not the same as a big old thumper is it?
shifter

Post by shifter »

My bikes are all tucked up for winter when they started salting the roads up here why is it that a little frost sends the counsel do-gooder's and h&s to chuck good money and remorse's away. I was out a Cpl of weeks ago and about 10:30pm the gritters were out looked at the car outside temp display it was at 4 degrees and dry outside, then I was up and out with the dog at 6am the next morning still warm dry and no sign of frost at all.
?
REW

Post by REW »

Totally agree Shifter. It takes a sub zero surface AND moisture to create an icy surface and rarely do the two coincide. Nevertheless out come the "gritters" night after night. It is of course not grit but salt which does many things no good at all. My house is in a modern estate and I cannot remember when an icy surface last formed except during and after snow and they don't salt it then either! Mind you, if the average motorist had to work out that the surface might be slippery and to drive accordingly there would be a lot of damaged hedges at the very least.

Here endeth the rant. Oh and yes, toasty lined overtrousers back in business too.
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
spookefoote1956

pkr87 wrote:Wore the long Johns and silk liners in my gloves yesterday. Took the 'AJ' on a VMCC ride around Romney Marsh, did about 60 miles and I was nice and warm and after a bit of starting tantrum the bike behaved well. I have a 250ccs H --- A which is much easier to start and ride but it is not the same as a big old thumper is it?
Mmmmm.................. silk!
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

We should be doing it like they do in the Austrian Tirol... They just lay fine gravel on top of the snow. As that gets pushed /worn in, they put down another layer and so on. When the snow finally melts, they sweep it all up again and use it next year!
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
spookefoote1956

Pharisee wrote:We should be doing it like they do in the Austrian Tirol... They just lay fine gravel on top of the snow. As that gets pushed /worn in, they put down another layer and so on. When the snow finally melts, they sweep it all up again and use it next year!
Is that instead of wearing long johns?