stoplight switch

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
silverbob

Re: stoplight switch

Post by silverbob »

Have tried that but could not see how to connect the other end as there is no room
stop light switch 005.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

The plate bolts to the hanger as you have it but points backwards not forwards this allows you enough room to mount the switch and fit an actuating spring. If I could get near the bike I would take a photo.

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
silverbob

Post by silverbob »

Hi Cbranni If I reverse the switch this would mean that when you applied brake the brake rod would release the spring and not tension it , or am I missing something Bob
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

The switch is behind the fixing bolt not in front of it, tell you what I will shift bikes around in the morning and try to take a photo, pm me your email address and I will email the photo straight to you save me having to upload onto here.
Colin
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

[urlImage][/url]

cbranni

Post by cbranni »

While I am in upload mode..................

silverbob

Post by silverbob »

Hi Cbranni love the matchless regards switch ie replica wipac it has a mount already riveted to it but can see by your photo how I can make a bracket to fit, Your switch looks like the one I am replacing cheers for that. Bob
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

silverbob wrote:Hi Cbranni love the matchless regards switch ie replica wipac it has a mount already riveted to it but can see by your photo how I can make a bracket to fit, Your switch looks like the one I am replacing cheers for that. Bob
Seem to remember now seeing Colin's pictures that I had to reverse the bracket on the switch, the switch was also fitted to a Bantam and was sold as such. Your one is the original design but as mentioned yopu will need to reverse the switch (mine was screwed to the bracket and not riveted)
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Matchlessman13

Post by Matchlessman13 »

Hi,

I've got a similar problem trying figure out how to mount a Wipac stop light switch on my Matchless G5 - does anyone have a definitive solution?

It would appear from the official Matchless Lightweight parts list that was a factory fitment option - see attached extract.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Janet

Post by Janet »

The original switch would have been the same as mine but I had to replace it because the old one was sticking. The attached link on page 2 shows what it was like, with the switch behind the fixing hole and the 'pull' going forward. I had to drill out the rivets on mine and refit it with the bracket reversed but I felt it wasn't properly secure afterwards so it's still like yours, ie taped up. The other thing was that there wasn't enough space to fit the accompanying spring so I replaced that with a universal spring that has a shorter coiled section and straight tails to bend to length.
http://archives.jampot.dk/technical/Ele ... 958-59.pdf