My 1952 M20

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
rajeshnair

My 1952 M20

Post by rajeshnair »

ajs M20 .jpg
1952 AJS M20 ,I got this in such a bad shape,it had a broken conrod and pistons,it was missing so many parts ,wrong wheels etc etc.The main challenge was to first get it running,along the way I found that the crankcase was from 1960 but the crankshaft 1952.It had some strange pushrods of the wrong length.Wrong clutch ,the list is long.It took a year ,where I made the conrods using the broken conrod for size ,made pushrods.I found a set of G11 barrels and heads from ebay USA as they are 72mm bore ,I could then use Royal enfield 350 pistons and rings.The was bodged and butchered over the last so many years and probably hasn't run for about 30 years.She is finally on the road,i did a 5km run today and what a smooth ride she is!i also wish to thank some of youin this forum who helped with some problems I had with the magneto recently.Now that she is running I will take my time and get original parts that are missing pertaining to 52 model and keep adding them as and when possible.Meanwhile iam gonna enjoy riding this bike.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dave16mct

Re: My 1952 M20

Post by dave16mct »

Nice job Rajesh, enjoy riding your bike!
Dave.
clive

Post by clive »

Very nice looking bike
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
robcurrie

Post by robcurrie »

Nice to see you are back on the road.

Rob C
rajeshnair

Post by rajeshnair »

Con_rods_made.jpg
thanks gentlemen,the real restoration lies ahead,but iam glad its running :D

iam posting still unfinished picture of the conrods,i forgot to take pictures after I finished in my desperation to get the engine finished :x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.