Re: Welcome Home Eamonn

Post by clive »

Well done that man.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Thanks. Need to search a couple of things now.

Johnny B
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

:D :D

For those that didn't know the Forum system stopped working at 08:00 on the 17th July - just when I was on holiday in France!

I had prepared for such eventualities by ensuring my mobile phone could connect to the system and administer any remedial work if it was required - all this was tested and worked fine in the weeks before going to France. However, when in France, I found that I couldn't connect to the system to restart it. Once back in Folkestone this afternoon, I was again able to connect and deal with the problem.

So I apologies to anyone who was adversely affected by the Forum system being unavailable - my next holiday isn't until the end of September and that's in the UK, so we should be OK for quite some time yet....!!!
Corners like a Lego man
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Eamonn wrote: However, when in France, I found that I couldn't connect to the system to restart it.
It would help if you gave the year and model. The old STD numbers should be converted to new numbers. In the 60's I used to have a photocopier that wouldn't send faxes.............
;)
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Expat

Post by Expat »

P**s taker :D
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
pkr87

Post by pkr87 »

Eamonn wrote::D :D

For those that didn't know the Forum system stopped working at 08:00 on the 17th July - just when I was on holiday in France!

I had prepared for such eventualities by ensuring my mobile phone could connect to the system and administer any remedial work if it was required - all this was tested and worked fine in the weeks before going to France. However, when in France, I found that I couldn't connect to the system to restart it. Once back in Folkestone this afternoon, I was again able to connect and deal with the problem.

So I apologies to anyone who was adversely affected by the Forum system being unavailable - my next holiday isn't until the end of September and that's in the UK, so we should be OK for quite some time yet....!!!
It all sounds very technical to me but thankyou for your efforts
JimFitz

Post by JimFitz »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
Eamonn wrote: However, when in France, I found that I couldn't connect to the system to restart it.
It would help if you gave the year and model. The old STD numbers should be converted to new numbers. In the 60's I used to have a photocopier that wouldn't send faxes.............
;)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die.

1952 G80 rigid, 1960 G12 DL / Watsonian Monza, 1954 G80S.