Post by mikeydpippin »

Halcyon it is then Mick......
Time to let the Moths out 💸💵💴💶💷💰💰💳££££
Mike
Mick D

Re: Rear View Mirror

Post by Mick D »

Thanks All

You can't get much more conclusive than that can you. The Halcyon was at the top of my options list due to the robust clamping system, now I know I won't be disappointed.

Do these bikes ever stop costing us money?

Regards Mick
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Mick D wrote:Thanks All

You can't get much more conclusive than that can you. The Halcyon was at the top of my options list due to the robust clamping system, now I know I won't be disappointed.

Do these bikes ever stop costing us money?

Regards Mick
Nope they don't ever stop costing money, but do have a look at pictures of those Alchemy mirrors before leaping. The mounting is an expanding sleeve with is very very good. They do work extremely well which is why I converted from Halcyon.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi Rob

Thanks for your recommendation which I did check out as I'd not found them during my 'research' however I prefer the more classic look of the Halcyon - hope I don't regret my choice later.

Regards Mick
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Mick D wrote:Hi Rob

Thanks for your recommendation which I did check out as I'd not found them during my 'research' however I prefer the more classic look of the Halcyon - hope I don't regret my choice later.

Regards Mick
No you won't regret buying a Halcyon, I just like the smaller mirror and its narrower. It is as you say a little more modern in appearance.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

cbranni wrote:.........the modern bar end mirrors are okay but the expander is way too weak.
I replace the expander with a Rawlbolt which can be really tightened up a treat.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

Hi Nev, yes I have used rawbolts before way back in the 60s though, I may buy couple of M10s see if they fit the handlebar.

Cheers Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Bar end mirrors I'm using are from way way way back and no idea of provenance, one has incorrect glass cut to size by a local expert.

But the odd thing is the left hand one vibrates quite a lot and the right hand one very much less.

But it's all you need to see if anythings is there although I still take the lifesaver look.

Johnny B