Say "hello" to 'Alice'

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
Group Leader

Re: Say "hello" to 'Alice'

Post by Group Leader »

Very nice! 👍
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol:
Tommy RE

Post by Tommy RE »

Well done that man :beer: Another one sved from the autojumble parts bin. Lovely job.
shifter

Post by shifter »

What a cracking job
shifter
?
JEAN-NOEL

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

What a superb job John ! What will be your next project ? A twin ? I am a fan of "Pharisee'Kingdom" impatient to see new updates...
Cheers.
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

I filled in the V55 form and sent off all the required documents needed for an age related registration about a month ago. I received a letter back a couple of weeks later stating that the DVLA required an inspection by SGS. I made an appointment and the inspector turned up on my doorstep 10 days ago. He walked around the bike a couple of times and took a load of photographs. The photos and his report would be sent to the DVLA that evening and if I hadn't heard from them after a week or so, I should give them a ring. I hadn't, so I did... yesterday afternoon. Spoke to a very nice bloke in Old South Wales who told me that my application had been dealt with and the new registration had already been posted to me and I should receive it in a couple of days. He did give me the registration number that had been issued... "569 XVB". I'm happy now!!
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

Wouldn't you just believe it... The V5C turned up in the post this afternoon... and it's wrong!! The engine number is quoted as being "5493LS*****" where it should be 54/G3LS*****. Phoned 'em up again and they just said "Amend it and send it back. We'll issue another one." They had clear photos of the engine number taken by me and the SGS inspector yet they still get it wrong. Ho hum.....
raffles

Post by raffles »

As you are just up the road will we be seeing it at the JAMPOT RALLY in August?
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

raffles wrote:As you are just up the road will we be seeing it at the JAMPOT RALLY in August?
I have a feeling that I've looked at the dates and it clashes.... My lady is a folk singer of some repute and I believe that she's booked at some festival or other that weekend. Whilst I would prefer bikes, continued peace and harmony (no pun intended) dictates that I attend the aforementioned folk festival. :(
If I'm wrong and it doesn't clash, then I may well be seeing you at the rally.