G12 Exhausts

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
owen

G12 Exhausts

Post by owen »

A bit of advice needed please, My long rebuild of my 1964 Matchless 650 CSR is now showing a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, I attended the open day on sat and thoroughly enjoyed the ride down on my Crosstourer, The people on the spares counter were very helpful with no element of talking down to you. I got my new Carb and odd and sods, Complete with a sarnie and cuppa, I didn't know any one there and got into a useful conversation with a gent Thanks. My problem is that i want to convert from Siamese pipes to twin set. I bought a set off an advert in Jampot,My problem is that when i unwrapped them two and a half years later, not impressed with the quality of the chrome and they don't fit buy a mile, so i need another set, But from where, I gather that F--ck .com no longer do them for this model and i have also heard stories that Armourers is not that good, Any one know where to go.

Many thanks Owen
griffin

Re: G12 Exhausts

Post by griffin »

Why convert to twin pipes ?, I think the Siamese pipes look better.
bob121

Post by bob121 »

I've just fitted a pair from armours to my 1960 m31. All I had to do was open up the hole on the down pipe bracket ever so slightly. The only way to guarantee a perfect fit on something this old and so long out of production is to have them custom made.
poptsova

Post by poptsova »

Hello if you want custom made pipes i have used this company many times with great results,ALLDENS EXHAUSTS .His name is dennis and he can make in stainless or mild steel and he will make to pattern or your requirements, dave.
owen

Post by owen »

Thanks you all for your help at the moment my mind set is to have some made, Do you know if Dennis chrome plate's, or do you get this done else where.

Thanks Owen.
poptsova

Post by poptsova »

Hello i know he does not have chrome plating on site and not sure if he can have it done but his stainless when polished is great and real good quality , i will speak to him on monday and ask.
bilstonbiker

Post by bilstonbiker »

I have just bought a set of exhausts and megaphones for my 31 csr question. the exhausts go into the silencers by about 10 inches is that right or should I cut them down??? thanks in advance Ken