Tigers to Portugal

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
39speedtwin

Tigers to Portugal

Post by 39speedtwin »

Those staying overnight at Ashford, all arrived safely, on inspection there was no oil under any of the bikes.
Alan (engineer) was there to collect a crankcase, but he who should not be named omitted to tell him that it was on the van, we arrived at 5.40 so apologies for the wait!
alanengineer

Re: Tigers to Portugal

Post by alanengineer »

Thanks Dudley.
When i arrived at the designated meeting point, i knew i was in the right place as someone had ridden in on an old Triumph. That turned out to be the only old bike i saw at Ashford. It was nice to meet such an eager group of Matchless enthusiasts all fired up to ride off to the Portugal international Jampot rally. For once, i almost felt as if i wanted to oil up my bike and follow on to foreign shores.
By the time i left the group, they were all in high spirits, mostly gin and whisky and off to their evening meal and practicing drinking the semi alcoholic larger stuff they are likely to encounter over there.

Well, i hope you get your sat navs to agree and get you to and from Portugal safe and sound. Good luck and see you at the real rally at Rushden.

Alan
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Had breakfast, bikes ready, off at 7.30am.
Johnobirches

Post by Johnobirches »

Why was there no oil under any of the bikes?
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

The clue is in my second sentence. It good that they actually ride all the way on whatever choice of bike they have chosen.Hope they have some sore arse cream and someone to rub it in for them
Expat

Post by Expat »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I've received a couple of pics from Dudley but can't upload them as sadly the 'old trouble' is occurring with the Jampot server as I'm just getting the message:

The uploaded file is empty.

Will let Eamonn know as we've had this problem before :(
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
clive

Post by clive »

Sprids are they too big? I think the limit is 1 or 2 mbs. I know this can be a problem for people advertising as the message does not say it's too big.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

clive wrote:Sprids are they too big? I think the limit is 1 or 2 mbs. I know this can be a problem for people advertising as the message does not say it's too big.
I was also getting file empty message. It was not too big and certainly not empty. Although I have posted many such Snap PNG files ( only 1/200 kb, I changed it to a JPEG file still only 1/200 kb, got message file empty. Just tried again now, 79kb and file empty message comes up. ( 22.17 hrs Monday )
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

SPRIDDLER wrote: The uploaded file is empty.
Should be OK now.

This happens when our server is running out of space. I've removed some old unwanted files and cleared some space to work with.
Corners like a Lego man