Gearbox

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
ChrisTheChippy

Re: Gearbox

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Hi gearbox seal ordered from Villiers spares . Spoke to a really nice fella who had them on the shelf . About six and a bit quid with vat and postage .
Thanks for the link Clanger 9
Just had a thought ( don't usually have that many ) . I am desperately looking for a pair of center stand stops does anyone know if they used the same design on the Norton jubilee ? If so it might be worth an enquiry with their spares dept.
Regards Chris
Rangy65

Post by Rangy65 »

Hi Chris are you looking for the stops that restrict the stand when it moves forward or the stand stops that stop the stand hitting the exhaust?

Cheers

Steve
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Hi Steve I am looking for the stops that restrict the centre stand from moving forward. They are sort of kidney shaped with a square hole in one end which the footrest bar goes through .
Listed as part number 042582 & 042583 .
Stand is unusable without them .
Cheers Chris
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

ChrisTheChippy wrote: Paul we will have to meet up to talk lightweights as the wife is getting bored with it !
Good idea! my girlfriend hates bikes so no conversations there... PM me on here and I will give you my contact details. I work weird shifts but am often around during the week as well a some weekends
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Hi all
Well I'm sitting here with a sense of smug satisfaction . Found time to do final assembly of the gearbox . Everything went smoothly and I enjoyed the job no small pile of bits leftover so I guess it must all be in there somewhere! ( But not necessarily in the right order :D )
Hardest part of the job was bending over the tab washers yes I am serious . I normally just bend up the edges just a little before fitting so I can get something underneath to start them bending then finish with my grips . Forgot to do that , twice , had to lever up with a thin screwdriver. Not too clever.
I'm leaving the gearbox for a while to allow the sealant to fully cure before refilling with oil .
I guess that brings this thread to an end . Now got to start sorting out the clutch !
Just one more question for ozmadman . Do you get your sae 50 oil from a local supplier ? If so where ? Btw I have sent you a pm
Cheers Chris
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

ChrisTheChippy wrote: Just one more question for ozmadman . Do you get your sae 50 oil from a local supplier ? If so where ? Btw I have sent you a pm
Cheers Chris
Hi Chris

I get mine here http://www.stationaryengineparts.com/En ... Pump-Oils/ Not got a PM though??
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Thanks for the link Paul . I will have a look today .
Have to have another go at the PM I'm a bit technology challenged so probably made a message of it .
Best regards Chris