Foot rest and rear brake pedal

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
penholder

Foot rest and rear brake pedal

Post by penholder »

I bought a Matchless G80CS, where the frame is from the G12CSR. As I realised there are not passenger foot rests. I am not desperately seeking not only the footrests but also a rear brake pedal. On the original one mounted the rear lever is too long, so that the rod would go directly throught the passender foot rest position.

Best regards,
clive

Re: Foot rest and rear brake pedal

Post by clive »

Otto I think there is a misprint in your post. However it appears to be a request for parts. We do not allow wanted adverts in main part of our forum, we do however have an adverts section and you are welcome to advertise there. It's free for paid up club members and £5 (payable through PayPal) for guests. Before advertising though I think you need to be clearer about what you need though, perhaps by stating what brake pedal you need perhaps by specifying the date of the frame. Mismatches where the brake rod sits in the wrong place can be the result of a "wrong" brake plate and or the wrong brake arm or the arm being on the wrong position on the shaft. You might want to play with the brake arm on the brake plate before you change the pedal.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
penholder

Re: Foot rest and rear brake pedal

Post by penholder »

Hello Clive,

This is not necessarily a request for spare parts. I simply don't know which parts to use. Dealers in Austria don't have proper parts.

The frame is a listed as a 1965 G12CSR (as stated in Dating Certificate from your AJS & Matchless Owner Club).

Is there anyone in this forum who made the G12 a two-seater?

In first foto Image
one sees position of rear footrest and existing brake pedal. I played with brake arm on brake plate, but there are only two positions available (north-east and south-west).

Second foto shows brake pedal. From fotosImage. As my G12 is powered with a G80CS the G12 brake pedal does not fit.

As can be seen on third foto of G80s I see that their brake pedals point up shorter and in a steeper angle.

Any help welcome.