just totally confused

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Rob Harknett

Re: just totally confused

Post by Rob Harknett »

Various users do see things differently. So it can cause confusion when you get differences in replies to topics as with this topic. I customise my windows to suit what I like to see. ( also see better now my eyes are older ) We all have to learn, and there is so much to learn. I find pictures do help. I monitor a forum and get a lot of requests for help. If I have to end up doing something for a member, that's just cannot seem able to DIY. I then send pictures of what I did. I have the time to do that. A person may then see the way to go.
Having to keep logging in can be a pain. Even if you choose to stay logged on, your device may be set to clean at various intervals. Cleaning may remove all cookies. So you will have to do a lot of logging back in many websites etc. In some cases you could choose not to delete certain files, that may be in default settings. It would not be advisable to change default settings. I may only do so, if I see a lot of unnecessary files building up, in an area that default does not delete.
Janet

Post by Janet »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
Janet wrote:See, I said I didn't understand all the techy stuff. :oops:
Messages.jpg
How to find the messages isn't what I couldn't do, as I have received and sent them from and to both places. The exact reason why we ended up with two login places is the techy stuff that I had difficulty in remembering but it has been explained by Eamonn.
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

O.K gone onto messages on the forum page none shown but I then find the one from Roy cannot find the one from Alan or Vincent in Belgium which began this, I went on to the home site booked on and went to messages nothing, I only know of Alans missive through the forum page and Vincent because of it coming up on my home mail
Janet

Post by Janet »

When it came up on your home mail, was there a link to it that you could follow?
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

didn't try Janet but will have a go. kind regards
clive

Post by clive »

It's possible to send a private message either as a private message in the system or if the member has recorded their email address, as an email. Your are given the choice when sending so my guess is Vincent sent it as an email, hence it came to you as an email. This techs stuff is simples!
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Janet

Post by Janet »

clive wrote: This techs stuff is simples!
Not as simple as me. :(