'54 parts book?

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: ARGYLL UK

Re: '54 parts book?

Postby StephenG80 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Anyone know where I can buy a carb spacer for '54 G80s then? - I can't see one listed in club parts and can't find one via amal web site.

Member
Posts: 974
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:44 pm
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: '54 parts book?

Postby Mick D » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi

Try Steve Surbey at AMC Classic Spares

Regards Mick

Member
Posts: 5633
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Location: WEST SUSSEX UK

Re: '54 parts book?

Postby SPRIDDLER » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:06 pm

http://www.amcclassicspares.com/Carburetter.pdf

021252 Carburetter spacer, 1 5/32" bore £ 9.25 with vat £ 7.71 excl. vat.

You may need to fit longer carb mounting studs as well.
I poke badgers with spoons.

Member
User avatar
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:51 pm
Location: Bedfordshire, UK

Re: '54 parts book?

Postby Pharisee » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:46 pm

Stephen G80 wrote:Anyone know where I can buy a carb spacer for '54 G80s then? - I can't see one listed in club parts and can't find one via amal web site.


They are listed on the AMOC Spares web site... Part No. 021252, priced at £9.57 + VAT

Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: ARGYLL UK

Re: '54 parts book?

Postby StephenG80 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:23 pm

thanks everyone - I'll go and order!

Member
User avatar
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:37 am
Location: USA, Colorado

Re: '54 parts book?

Postby cfaber » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Since this is a parts thread now (apparently) :lol: does anyone happen to know if the cam side mag drive sprocket (000727) is the same dimensions as the dynamo sprocket (000725) just not broached and slotted? I need 000725 but can't seem to locate one and can have 000727 machined to fit.

Also, on my magneto the sprocket appears to have some kind of clutching system on it, this doesn't appear in the parts book for this years bike, does anyone have insight?

IMG_20171124_125539.smaller.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Member
User avatar
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:37 am
Location: USA, Colorado

Re: '54 parts book?

Postby cfaber » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:43 am

cfaber wrote:Since this is a parts thread now (apparently) :lol: does anyone happen to know if the cam side mag drive sprocket (000727) is the same dimensions as the dynamo sprocket (000725) just not broached and slotted? I need 000725 but can't seem to locate one and can have 000727 machined to fit.

Also, on my magneto the sprocket appears to have some kind of clutching system on it, this doesn't appear in the parts book for this years bike, does anyone have insight?

IMG_20171124_125539.smaller.jpg


Automatic advance?

Member
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 am
Location: LANCASHIRE UK

Re: '54 parts book?

Postby zwarts » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:30 am

Yes, you have there a Lucas SR1 magneto fitted with its centrifugal automatic advance/retard unit.
With regard to the magneto and dynamo sprockets, they both have the same internal taper and, I think, the same no. of teeth but you will need to check if the teeth have the same offset in relation to the main body of the sprocket. A simple alignment test with the sprockets, but no chain, fitted will clear up this point.
Good luck, Bob.¡

Member
User avatar
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:37 am
Location: USA, Colorado

Re: '54 parts book?

Postby cfaber » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:27 pm

zwarts wrote:Yes, you have there a Lucas SR1 magneto fitted with its centrifugal automatic advance/retard unit.
With regard to the magneto and dynamo sprockets, they both have the same internal taper and, I think, the same no. of teeth but you will need to check if the teeth have the same offset in relation to the main body of the sprocket. A simple alignment test with the sprockets, but no chain, fitted will clear up this point.
Good luck, Bob.¡


Thanks,

Do you happen to have 000725 and 000611 that you could mic out and post measurements for?

Member
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 am
Location: LANCASHIRE UK

Re: '54 parts book?

Postby zwarts » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Sorry, I don't have either of these parts available for measuring at the moment. Part no. 000611 appears to be a locknut - why do you need the dimensions of this item??

PreviousNext

Return to G80 / Model 18

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests