Feked exhaust

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
hatrack

Feked exhaust

Post by hatrack »

Very dissapointed today.
Tried fitting the "F5" pipe supplied by Feked as suitable for my '47 G80.
It dosn't fit, by a mile! Even if it could get through the footrest and the gearbox casing, which are in the way, instead of running straight back on the level, it would point upwards by about 15 degrees.
I phoned the man and he checked and said the ones in stock were all the same and he'd had many happy customers, I'll bet none of them tried to fit it to this bike. Its a standard, iron head 1947 G80 with coil valve springs.
I can get my money back but where can I get an exhaust that will fit?
Armours only seem to list a high level pipe. Looks good but it will fry the pannier bags. Fortunately the old pipe is sill usable but not at all pretty. Anybody know another supplier? or sombody who can make a pipe up, probably in stainless once the bike is up and running.
I have offered to ride over to Feked and let him see how his dosn't fit.
(dissapointed also that the pipe came with slits at the head end, as if it would have a clamp fitted)
thornebt

Re: Feked exhaust

Post by thornebt »

The F5 is clearly not the right pipe. It has slits in the start of the downpipe and there is no bracket welded onto the pipe for the mounting. Surely they have to change it! Cheers. Bruce.
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

I might be wrong about the welded on bracket. Perhaps the earlier pipes didn't have it! Cheers. Bruce.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

The pipe sounds like it is for a later head where the pipe fits on a spigot. As it has slits.
hatrack

Post by hatrack »

He'll let me have money back, but apart from asking if it might have a '49 hairpin head, is not being helpful nor admitting there is anything wrong with it.
hatrack

Post by hatrack »

Discovered that "British Only" in Austria have one, made by Armours! so I've ordered one.
Presumably Armours don't have one in stock, so it dosn't appear on their list, but they haven't replied, but Only British has!
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

...and you won't get clobbered for import duty or VAT as Austria is in the EU? Cheers. Bruce.
Janet

Post by Janet »

thornebt wrote:...and you won't get clobbered for import duty or VAT as Austria is in the EU? Cheers. Bruce.
Surely, as EU members (currently) we must to pay VAT at the rate in the country we buy from. Otherwise, why would non-EU residents be able to claim back vat on their purchases when they go home but we can't?
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

hatrack wrote:Discovered that "British Only" in Austria have one, made by Armours! so I've ordered one.
Hi

I'd be interested in hearing your experience of dealing with this company - it looks like they may be the only supplier of some components I need for my Triumph restoration.

Regards Mick
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

I hear rumers that Fecked are getting their exhausts from China now. maybe thats why things are going wrong