Uploading Files

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Mick D

Uploading Files

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I tried to upload a file today using the same method as I have done many times previously - I get a message that the file is empty, (it's not as I can open it and view it's contents). It's nothing to do with the Photobucket rip off as I don't use PB.

Has something changed with the site?

Regards Mick
SPRIDDLER

Re: Uploading Files

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I got the same message yesterday, Mick, and so I believe did Rob H who has advised Eamonn, who may or may not be back from hols.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Mick D wrote:I tried to upload a file today using the same method as I have done many times previously - I get a message that the file is empty

Hello Mick, what size if the file you're trying to upload?
There is a 1 Mbyte limit to the file size for uploads.

If you have an image greater than 1 Mbyte, try reducing it's size using one of the free web based resizing systems such as picresize.com (other are available!).
Corners like a Lego man
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

image.jpeg
Try this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Thank you for that Mr B!

That reminds me, bring it to Kempton as I want the rim and the w clips back, not forgetting the Hylomar as well.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Seems the uploading of files is working again now. It was down yesterday and earlier this morning. As it now seems to be OK, Eamonn finding nothing wrong now, naturally thought we were trying to upload a file above the file limit size.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Rob Harknett wrote:Seems the uploading of files is working again now. It was down yesterday and earlier this morning. As it now seems to be OK, Eamonn finding nothing wrong now, naturally thought we were trying to upload a file above the file limit size.
It had definitely gone tyres-up yesterday. I always resize my pics to less than 1mb.
All fine now!
Shed clearout.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

It was saying file empty again this morning, Eamonn has been working on it and should be OK now.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi Eamonn

I've successfully uploaded the file today - 319.1 Kb without additional re-sizing, guess you've fixed the issue - thanks

Regards Mick