whow at last!

Where is that old bike?
david pollard

whow at last!

Post by david pollard »

way back the only bike i ever purchased new was a 1958 AJS 600 CSR from my local dealer in woking surrey, i owned it for a couple of years having covered some 6000 miles, exchanging it for a Vincent twin with flat tyres and when starting it, the kick start fell off! the exchange was good as the dealer gave me £50 pound in cash as well!.i never thought i would see the AJS again, often looking over the years, until yesterday when browsing through the FOR SALE section of this forum, when low and behold! there she was restored and ready for purchase at £4000 !!!, and what a fascinating history she has had, following my chat with the gentleman who has it for sale!!
i hope i can upload the pic of 1959 and the current one of it for sale!! david
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ozmadman

Re: whow at last!

Post by Ozmadman »

Excellent story!!! you must be chuffed to find it is still around and restored
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Janet

Post by Janet »

david pollard wrote:browsing through the FOR SALE section of this forum, when low and behold! there she was restored and ready for purchase at £4000 !!!,
Are you buying it?
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Still about, and been in use. Otherwise it would have probably lost its number. Must be pleasing to see an old bike once owned, still loved. Guess it will soon sell, as there is also an advert for such a bike wanted.
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

Excellent find (and very nice bike)!

That transaction must be a forgone conclusion I would have thought :D

Alan
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol: