North Weald the Squadron

G12 Chris

North Weald the Squadron

Post by G12 Chris »

Sifting through my pictures and came across this one I took in the summer, I was showing my military landrover at the air fete and went over to take a look at these beautiful machines, unbeknown to me I would be purchasing a matchless from one of the guys in this picture and be joining the club a few months later, Happy Days :D and roll on spring to get more involved.

Rob Harknett

Re: North Weald the Squadron

Post by Rob Harknett »

There was a military Land Rover outside ECCO charity shop today, ( next the RANGE superstore ) in Harlow this morning. Don't know if it was dumped there or given to the charity.
It had no number plates and all the tyres were flat.
G12 Chris

Post by G12 Chris »

That's strange, if it's a series 3 lightweight it is worth a packet in spares alone, saying that even the later defenders go for good money.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Very strange Chis, its right outside the shop door, It does not look like it was driven there, both back tyres totally flat front almost flat.
G12 Chris

Post by G12 Chris »

Hi rob I drove in there today to be nosey, I could see a half flat back tyre but couldn't stop as someone was behind me, I could see no number plate on front and it looked to be a military defender, so not sure what's going on there.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

If could be blocking the stores lorry backing up to the door for ages if just dumped. Not being on a public road. Hope the flat tyres don't blow up. Who knows ?????