Clutch slip

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
davegsx

Re: Clutch slip

Post by davegsx »

I like what you have done but what are the pipes running to the front of the engine? and what is the petrol tank from ? can't help you with the clutch.
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

davegsx wrote:I like what you have done but what are the pipes running to the front of the engine? .
Looks like some sort of breather mod or extra engine oil capacity from some hidden oil tank?
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Yep, breather mod. Not mine, I should add!
See this post - there's a similar breather mod on the gearbox as well, presumably from when it was a track bike.

Almost certainly pointless for road use, but it kind of adds to the cafe racer look, no? 8-)
At the moment the pipes just go into a cheap plastic catch tank. It looks slightly out of place so I've ordered a polished aluminium one off ebay...

PS: I haven't taken the clutch to bits yet, but I'm guessing from the suspiciously new-looking primary chain that the previous one had snapped and got wrapped around the clutch. That's the only explanation I can think of for the damage to the clutch plate tangs. Anyway, new tyres are planned to go on this weekend. After that, I'll sort out the clutch and then it's *tada* MOT time! Wish me luck... :shock:
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS