Fuel Line

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Les Howard

Re: Fuel Line

Post by Les Howard »

For some reason my mind jumped to think Boyd's tap was the the Pull-Push type which can also have a reserve tap opposite the main one and is fitted with a cork too. Hopefully I was right but not sure now.... I was forgetting that perhaps Boyd might have had the more common slide type. If it was this type shown below which as far as I know can have a rubber neoprene seal fitted
Petrol Tap Pull-Push Type.jpg
Pull Push type corks.jpg
Petrol Tap Slide Type.jpg
[attachment=2]
Both types can be adjusted for sealing pressure. The Pull-push type has the cork fitted over a screw with a plain round head which by twisting with pliers can squash the cork to fatten it and create a better seal. The screw can also be completely removed to fit the cork . The slide type is adjusted by tightening the inner nuts.....Les
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

You can get the slide type tap with Teflon discs inside, they seem so far for me to be very good, in all temperatures too! ( snow falling today!!!) Only problem seems to be that they have round knobs each side, so I just bent them on and set them (PTFE and Fibre washer) so, on, is pull to the 'outside'
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
iansoady

Post by iansoady »

I always use black pipe specifically for petrol as otherwise it can rot very quickly. 6mm is a good size for nominal 1/4". The pipe usually comes with writing on it which is easily removed with a wipe of cellulose thinners.
Ian
1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650