G15CSR

Information relating to the Matchless G15 or AJS Model 33 750cc twin. This also includes the G15 Mk II and the G15/45
g80csp11

G15CSR

Post by g80csp11 »

Slowly making progress on my latest bike , G15CSR
front end all rebuilt with correct parts , oil in the forks and new tyre and spokes /rim
Next I thought get the head off the strip the engine, see what needs doing. same engine as my P11 but now I know you cant get the head off on the G15 without dropping the engine in the frame.
By the end of the day the engine should be out , then the fun begin. so far looks pretty good with all the bits in the right places , but nothing is as tight as id expect . I think this engine has been apart before . at least they put all the bits back in the right places.

Almost gave up looking for my puller for the engine sprocket , looked everywhere but eventually found it safe and sound in the kitchen of all places . now Neville would you believe that !

Next challenge , will it be back on the road for the summer !
G15 Roy

Re: G15CSR

Post by G15 Roy »

would make good Jampot read take some photos. I am sure Nev will help.
Roy
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Engine and gearbox out . head off +040 flat top pistons look in good condition with minimal bore wear . Every time I walk past the bike I can't resist investigating more . It helps it's in the kitchen so plenty of opportunities ie breakfast , coffee breaks , lunch Dinner etc..
Looks promising :-)
Ron Leese

Post by Ron Leese »

Hi
Is your G15CSR finished?
Ron Leese
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Is it really a year, unlike some work gets in the way and it's taking longer that expected
I'm waiting for the fuel tank to come back from chroming , but engine is mostly in just tightening the timing gear and cam sprocket this morning . then pistons , barrel , head
At least it's in the house , so warm and dry

Ive booked it into the IWKR ( west kent run ) in August so need to get a move on !

I should really be working on my 46 G80L to get it ready for visiting the Talmag near Aldershot at the end of the month ( just watching , not competing !) Dynamo has not been charging for ages , and its a pig to get access to
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

g80csp11 wrote:At least it's in the house , so warm and dry
And a parts washer close to hand for all wreck's in progress ;)

No rush, Peter, your 18CS has been in the dining room at least 7 years....

with all the small parts nicely stored beside it.....
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Oh Neville , that's not the G15CSR , your pictures are G11 and G80CS in various stages of build
I'll take a picture for you