Headlight switch

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
boyd

Headlight switch

Post by boyd »

After the head gasket/not starting saga, the bike is running very well.
I have noticed that the wiring on the headlight is now mixed up. The bike is starting on I but switching off when switched to E it continues to run when switched to the centre. This previously had shut it off.
I think a friend has inadvertently connected the switch wiring wrongly after lubricating the switch.
Is there anyway to tell if the bike is running on I or E. I gather riding for prolonged periods on E is a bad idea?
Thanks
Boyd
Ozmadman

Re: Headlight switch

Post by Ozmadman »

Don't know if this helps but this is the diagram that was made when my LW was re-wired
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Janet

Post by Janet »

Look here http://www.archives.jampot.dk/Book/Owne ... Manual.pdf at the electrical page and it will tell you about it. This assumes that you have a working alternator to show higher or lower readings. Where it talks about switch positions, off, low and high refers to the headlight.
boyd

Post by boyd »

Thanks, I've had a look and everything looks a bit loose, I think I'll try tightening everything up first. And get a friend who isn't courblind to inspect!!It's a fiddly place to get to!!