Chain guard

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
lil welshy

Chain guard

Post by lil welshy »

Hi I'm looking to sell the top half of model 14 chain guard it is in good condition and postage would cost £10( I had it weighed an measured
In the post office) how much do they sell for usually as I'm being told by someone that they would purchase it for £20 including the postage yet other members have advised me to sell it for between £35-40 ? Any advice ??
Rob Harknett

Re: Chain guard

Post by Rob Harknett »

Well advertise it for £40, if no one buys it tell them they were wrong. Or, put it on e bay and see what it makes then you'll get about 85% of what it was worth. You would of cause get 100% of what its worth if you got the price right advertising it in Jampot. If the forum had an Auction section, you could get bids here, but it has'nt. I aslo believe you have to name your price in the adverts section. The point I am trying to make is, you may never get what it may be worth. As you will never know what day more than one person may be looking for a chain guard. So no one can really even say, what its worth.
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Hi
So! all of us can't be wrong! the only person who is wrong is the potential buyer. Can't blame him I suppose for trying it on but hold onto it until you get a decent offer now that you know what the ball park figure is.

Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Or watch the chrome one on e bay, but it is £17 buy it now price.
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Rob Harknett wrote:Or watch the chrome one on e bay, but it is £17 buy it now price.
That's not the top half of an enclosed type is it but to be used on it's own, probably a csr one??

Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

opps I did not realise we were only considering half a chainguard.