Fuel Starvation

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
Dave Box

Fuel Starvation

Post by Dave Box »

AJS 50 Exactly - Bike starts but when put under torque i.e. someone sits on the bike and tries to move off it cuts out. Does anyone have information of the fuel and air system or drawings to help me fix the problem.

I would take it to a dealer but the nearest one is 30+ miles away, the bike is still under warranty, but no assistance in Plymouth.
Dave Box
SPRIDDLER

Fuel Starvation

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Welcome, Dave.
I'm told that the Haynes Manual (from Halfords) for Chinese bikes covers several marques/brands since they seem to be of a common design.
No personal experience tho'.
Not much of a warranty. Guess you'll have to trailer the bike to the dealer
Do you have recovery on your insurance? If so, push it down the road, call recovery and get them to take it to the dealer!
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
bigwol

Fuel Starvation

Post by bigwol »

quote:
Do you have recovery on your insurance? If so, push it down the road, call recovery and get them to take it to the dealer!

Or join the AA/RAC and break down a mile from home?

I think if it's un rideable the dealer that sold it to you ought to collect, repair and deliver it!

If all else fails look into cost of having it transported there .....
It's all just riding motorbikes
Peck88

Re: Fuel Starvation

Post by Peck88 »

I sort of had this problem, I would tap down till in 1st gear but it wasn't in 1st it stuck in 2nd so when I thought it was in 1st and try to move off would cut out, I asked a friend and turns out the gear pedal needed some WD-40 and it work, might be the same issue as mine hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Scott, that thread died end July 2011 but good of you to take the trouble to reply.
The Exactly 50 is a Twist 'n Go automatic so in effect it has no gears. The variable transmission could be stuck at a high level though but sorting that would probably take more than a squirt of WD40.
As we never heard any more from Dave, the O.P. I suspect he's either in therapy or still pushing it to his dealer, 30 miles away. ;)
peck1988

Post by peck1988 »

Sorry new to all this forum stuff, didn't look at the date :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Janet

Post by Janet »

peck1988 wrote:Sorry new to all this forum stuff, didn't look at the date :)
Don't worry about that. You're not the first to do that ( happens on many fora ) and you won't be the last. There's always the possibility that, in the future, someone with the same problem will read this and your solution will work for them.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Hi Scott. All input is welcome - we often pick up on old threads but in this case the O.P. never came back. My point was that it's unlikely he's still looking at this forum.