Side stand

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
Rob Harknett

Re: Side stand

Post by Rob Harknett »

Can I assume you are Polish. Our club has a very active Rep. in Poland for Polish members. We have also held a couple of International rallies nr. Hell. If you have friends in Poland with AJS or Matchless, tell them about our club. They may like to join.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Perhaps 123hudy is Polish but his location is shown as Norwich, so it appears, for the time being at least, it would be more beneficial to be in touch with UK residents.
123hudy

Post by 123hudy »

Hi
Yeah I'm Polish, but I live in UK for many many years sometimes I'm not sure if I'm still Polish ha ha

Wysłane z mojego D6503 przy użyciu Tapatalka
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

SPRIDDLER wrote:Welcome to the Forums Tom.
The best way to warm up an engine is to work it. 'Warming up' an engine by leaving it ticking over harks back to basic water cooled car engines and the days before multigrade oils were available which do not need warming up to thin them and get them flowing. You see race bikes warming up stationary because they can't go for a blast around the paddock or on the track to do it.
My modern bike has a side stand cut-out but it also has a manual choke. I start it, ride off and turn the choke off after a mile or so.
The consequence of riding off with the stand down is most unpleasant, if not dangerous.
PLus of course Neville 2 stroke race bikes have to be warmed up properly before being ridden or you risk a cold seize - ask me how I know :cry:
It's all just riding motorbikes
Naked Ambition

Post by Naked Ambition »

I have an E 125. The engine will not start if the side stand is down. It also wont start if its not in neutral regardless of stands. My machine has both a side stand and and a central stand which will allow the engine to run but only of course if its in neutral.
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Sounds right to me. What's the problem?
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein