Hello from Dumfries

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
Freelander55

Hello from Dumfries

Post by Freelander55 »

Hi guys newbie to the site... Just took delivery of my EOS today.... Wanting to know are there any meets during the year for Eos/ Daytona owners and if so when and where
Regards Ken
Rob Harknett

Re: Hello from Dumfries

Post by Rob Harknett »

Hi Ken.
We do not have many members with modern new AJS. Waiting for people like you to come along, to keep the club going into the 21st century. The AJS & Matchless OC was founded in 1952. It was then for owners with new and some older bikes. As time went on we got older so did the bikes. The club then changed quite dramatically. The club was reborn and actually started to expand in the early 1980's. We then became restorers / riders of old AJS & Matchless bikes. Although at present we have few members with modern AJS. The club is here waiting for you all to come along and keep it going. Just needs you guys to join, Then eventually get enough owners together to arrange such meets as you ask about. At the moment we do not have any sections that meet in the N.W. boarder area nr Dumfries. That town brings back memories to me. Age 20 in 1960 I rode there on my bike from Essex. Toured the area for a few days. Still got an old pic taken in Dumfries. Never went back again with the same bike until 2012.
dave16mct

Re: Hello from Dumfries

Post by dave16mct »

The Scottish Section are very active. They have several get-togethers every year.
https://en-gb.facebook.com/AJS-and-Matc ... 869309888/
Enjoy your AJS,
Cheers Dave