Old'ish git on modern bike DD125E

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
rex.webb

Re: Old'ish git on modern bike DD125E

Post by rex.webb »

WELL DONE that man .
Take it steady for a start with all them there "GEAR`s" to enjoy .
RIDE with CARE and LIVE LONG to ENJOY your
Motorcycling and Scootering .
Insured with PETER JAMES .
r w webb
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

Good for you, interesting post. Now to get some miles when the insurance starts.
Keep us posted and stay in touch. You could be the forum expert on these bikes in time.

Think about joining the club, I know that some of the benefits eg Jampot spares and tech help on main site won't be of use, but you will be most welcome at your local section and at events .
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
AdrianH

Post by AdrianH »

Thanks for the responses, for general information the bike still leaks oil I think from the bolt that hold the neutral switch in place, (possibly), thinking that the threaded hole may not be blind and I did not seal the threads of the bolt with sealant. Time will tell.

If I remember I will pop down to the section meet as mentioned by Dave

quote="dave16mct"]The North West section had a camping trip to Scotland last month and on one of the runs we stopped at the cafe at St Mary's Loch. A young lad who works there had one of these bikes exactly the same. He is very happy with it and has had very few problems. He was also very interested in our AMC bikes!
You would be very welcome at our section meetings and runs.
Cheers Dave.[/quote]

Will see if there are other similar minded folks around on bikes to look at and take it from there.

Adrian
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Hi Adrian, nice to meet up last night at the North West section clubnight. Bike looks great and no oil leaks! We're off to the jampot rally now. See you, Dave. :beer: